Respecting individuals’ privacy is one of the key values of 1001 Lakes Oy. In this Privacy Notice, we describe how your personal data are processed in our company.
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
As part of our day to day operations, we process personal data for a wide variety of purposes. Below, we describe the reasons that we need to process various kinds of personal data for.
- Data in our client register are processed to manage and develop client relationships.
- In customer projects, it may be necessary to process personal data for the purposes of carrying out the project in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation.
- We process data on potential clients
and their contact persons; our former employees; students, and organizations
working in the area of data economy for the purposes of, among other things:
- sending invitations to our events,
- sending newsletters,
- sending information on our business and other marketing communications.
- We process website visitor data to develop and ensure that our website is functioning property. We collect contact information about those, who have sent us a contact request through the website to enable communication as requested.
- Data in our job applicant register are processed for the purposes of making recruiting decisions.
- Employee data are processed to handle our duties as an employer. Likewise, shareholder data are processed to handle our duties as a limited liability company.
- We may also ensure the security of our offices using various systems, such as security cameras.
To whom do we transfer your data?
The starting point is that we do not disclose your personal data to any third parties. If the law or an obligation placed on us by the authorities requires that we disclose information, we evaluate each request on a case-by-case basis to assess whether disclosure would be lawful. In certain circumstances, we may disclose your information to a third party or to another data controller if you have given your specific consent to it.
We have also entered into agreements with certain service providers who may process your personal data on our behalf as part of their service. In these circumstances, we have entered into the appropriate agreements with the service providers to ensure the proper processing of personal data in these cases.
Are my data processed in third countries?
We use tools on our website from service providers who may be located outside the EU or European Economic Area. Such service providers include Google Analytics. In these cases, we ensure a sufficient level of data security by applying protection measures to the transfer in accordance with data protection legislation.
How do we protect your information?
Trustfulness is essential in our business. We ensure the confidentiality is maintained in all circumstances. We use various technical or organisation methods and security measures to seek to ensure a sufficient level of data security.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your data for as long as necessary for our operations and as required by the law.
Right of access to data
You have the right to know what data on you we are processing.
Right to object
If you consider the data that we are processing to be inaccurate or the processing to be unlawful, or you have objected to the processing of your data, you can request us to restrict the processing of your data.
In such cases, we are only allowed to process your data
- with your consent
- if we need the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- for the public interest or
- in order to safeguard the rights of another person.
You can send you objection to us to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must specify the particular situation based on which you are objecting to processing.
You can consent to or prohibit direct marketing from us on a channel-by-channel basis, including in relation to profiling for marketing purposes.
Right to request rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of personal data
You have the right to request that we rectify erroneous data on you. You can also request that we erase certain data on you or request that processing be restricted on the grounds provided by law.
Right to data portability
To the extent that you have provided data to us that are processed based on your consent, you are entitled to obtain such data primarily in a machine readable format and are entitled to transfer such data to another data controller.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You are entitled to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority if you are of the opinion that we have not complied with the data protection regulations applicable to our operations.
Cookies in our website
When you visit a web page in our online service, our site will save cookies, which are small text files, on your device. All cookies used in our website are technical cookies. The website uses them for visitor statistics and data analysis. Our aim is to improve the quality and content of our website based on user behaviour and needs. We do not disclose this information to third parties. If you wish, you can block cookies.
Social media cookies
1001 Lakes Oy is active on several social media platforms, like LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube. There are links to these platforms in our website.
Our website does not set cookies when displaying links to our social media channels when you browse our website. By clicking on the social media link on our website, you will be redirected to the platform in question, which has its own cookie and privacy policies.
If you have any questions relating to our data protection policies or wish to exercise your rights, please contact email@example.com.